Please do not park in Eglwysbach in the coming days as there will be work-vans etc arriving through the day, plus GPs will need emergency access for home visits / on-call duties etc.
There will be no back-room/office support at this point in Eglwysbach, so we cannot accept any medication / admin queries there yet.
Also, the Eglwysbach phone number will continue to be out of order until further notice, so you will need to continue contacting Tonteg & Ynysybwl in the meantime.
We would like to take this opportunity to again thank all our patients for their understanding this past week. The damage and disruption has been unprecedented in our history, and we have done our best to juggle maintaining essential primary care services, while 'project managing' our response to the flood.
We apologise to all those who may feel their care has been affected in any way, but hope these updates have provided clarity on the issues we have been dealing with. We are now confident that with a plan in place, things will continue to improve in the coming weeks.
The partners and practice manager have continued to try and navigate the complex web of issues we face in order to get things up and running as quickly and smoothly as possible, whilst also providing clinical care as best we can.
We would again like to thank all staff who've helped with the clean-up, but would also like to highlight the unsung team members who have managed in our branch surgeries in very difficult circumstances. Whilst these sites were not damaged by flooding, they have had to deal with the extra workload from Eglwysbach, with very limited physical space and reduced phone-line capacity.
Please see photos below that help to illuminate the following developments:
We have now successfully removed thousands of medical notes to safety.
We have designed and ordered the necessary items for a new office area to be installed on the top floor.
We have nearly resolved the electrics/IT network/telecoms issues.
We have almost emptied the building of all contaminated materials, meaning we need to await drying out before building works can commence to repair and redecorate appropriately..
We would again like to extend our sympathies to all those affected locally by the devastation of the past week, and hope that everybody is safe and making progress in their respective situations.